Monday, October 13, 2008

It's official!

*40 weeks, 6 days*

I'm being admitted to the hospital tomorrow at 5pm!! Woohoo!!

We had another NST today and the baby did great. I even had a few contractions during the test (again, could've fooled me...) Still nothing happening with my cervix, but the doctor feels like it's time to induce, which is okay by me!

So, I just got the call that labor and delivery is expecting me at 5pm on Tuesday evening. The doctor said they'll draw some blood and get an IV going. I need to get IV antibiotics started right away because I tested positive for group-B strep, which can be harmful to the baby if not treated during labor. Then the nurses will administer the Cervidil, which will help my cervix thin out and dialate and will also start contractions. The doctor said they'll also give me something to help me sleep tomorrow night - hallelujah! Wednesday morning, they'll start the Pitocin, which will strengthen the contractions and hopefully get things moving!

Stay tuned for updates!!

2 comments:

*mar* said...

YAY!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! I hope you've decided on his name...Lord knows we can't call him Baby K forever.

RollerCoaster said...

GL and ELV's! I hope everything goes smoothly and I can't wait to hear all about it!