Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm in love.

*28 weeks, 2 days * (well 3 days - it's after midnight)

I didn't think it was possible, but I have fallen more in love with this little boy!!!

Tonight was our 3D ultrasound, and it was incredible. He is so gorgeous and so sweet. The very first image of him took my breath away...


The ultrasound tech commented on his chubby cheeks, and I just about died! I LOVE chubby cheeks on babies, and I am thrilled that this little monster has a pudgy face! He has such full lips and a little round nose. I think it's my nose, because Ben's is pretty straight, and mine's more curved, if that makes sense. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but he has a lot of hair. She said he did and then as he moved a little, we could see it sort of floating above his head and in front of his forehead.


He's definitely a thumb sucker. He slept though most of the session and kept his hands close to his face the whole time. For awhile, his one arm was completely blocking his face. He only moved it after we poked and prodded at him, and then he got a "grumpy" face - he sort of furrowed his brow as if to say "Leave me alone mom, I'm trying to sleep." He was so active all day, and of course he pooped out just in time for us to see him! We did get a couple good kicks and punches, which we're able to relive on the DVD we got with the session.


During the entire session, I was just in awe. I didn't even really care that he was asleep, though it would have been cool to see him open his eyes and move around a bit more, but just seeing him was enough. He looks so human, so real, so perfect. It was more than I imagined it would be. I can't even put it into words. It just draws me back to a place of complete astonishment. There are still moments when everything is so surreal, and I almost can't believe that this is really happening to me! I feel so incredibly lucky every day to have this miracle baby growing inside of me, and, as cheesy as it sounds, my heart is so full of joy and love for him. I never knew I could feel like this.


A big yawn from my little man. I told you he was pooped!

Little boy, mommy & daddy can't wait to meet you and share you with the world! We are so lucky to have you, and you are so lucky to already have so many amazing friends who already love you so much. PS: Why did you have to wait until right NOW to be your typical bouncy monkey self?? I don't think I'm going to be able to fall asleep at this rate...

No comments: