Saturday, February 2, 2008

Are you serious?

Around 2:20pm on Wednesday, January 30th, I got a call from my nurse, J.J. She told me "I have good news! Congratulations, YOU'RE PREGNANT!"

What? Who? Me? Pregnant? Not possible. Not after all of this. I was in shock. I still am.

I was at work when J.J. called. I had to respond stupidly to her until I could get away from my desk and the listening ears of others. She told me my beta came back at 271!! I honestly don't remember much of what she told me, because I was in such shock. No sex yet, no hot showers or baths, keep taking the progesterone, estrogen, & aspirin, back on Friday. I think that was the gist.

She asked me if I knew, and I said no - I was just playing dumb because I was at work! I thanked her profusely, and then wandered around for a few minutes to calm myself down. I was literally trembling!

I wanted so badly to call Ben then and there, but I couldn't possibly tell him over the phone. It needed to be in person. I killed as much time as I could at work, before leaving to stop at CVS to pick up a pregnancy test. I peed on that stick when I got home, and the word "pregnant" popped up in under a minute!

I waited and waited for what felt like an eternity for Ben to get home from work. When I heard the garage door open, I was ready. He walked in a said hello, and came into to the family room to me looking up at him and handing him that little wand with a yellow bow on it. He looked at me like a deer in headlights and kept asking "are you serious?" I hugged him and said yes, and he stood there in shock.

The whole thing is quite surreal, and we are definitely still in shock. I went back on Friday, February 1st for my follow up beta. Beta numbers are supposed to double every 48 hours. My 1st beta was 271 and my 2nd was 619 - it more than doubled, so things are looking good! I go back for a 3rd beta on Monday, February 4th.

By my calculation, my due date is October 7, 2008, and as I write this, I'm 4weeks, 4days. The nurse said they'll do an "early ultrasound" around 5wks, 3days - we probably won't see a heartbeat yet, but we'll be able to see the sack or sackS. Now that's a scary thought!

So I said it, and I'll say it again, and soon enough, I'll shout it from the rooftops! I'M FINALLY PREGNANT!!!!

No comments: