Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Change of plans...

*20 weeks, 1 day*

We're halfway there, people!!! After two long years of infertility, it's hard to believe I'm halfway through this pregnancy! Some days I feel like it flies by, and other days I feel like it's taking an eternity to meet our little one. Every day, I'm eternally greatful for the life that I have. I cannot express in words how much I love Ben and this little one and how greatful I am to have the love and support of so many amazing family and friends.

So, our ultrasound was scheduled for last Friday, May 16th at 3:30pm. I missed a call around 1:00, and called the doctor's office back as soon as I noticed they'd called. The secretary said they needed to reschedule my appointment because Dr. Carroll was at the hospital delivering some babies. I said okay and rescheduled. I texted Ben, asking him to call me right away, and when he called back, I prompted burst into tears.

For me, it wasn't so much about finding out the baby's gender (though that was part of it). I really just wanted to see the little one again. It's been ages since our last ultrasound at 10 weeks (back in mid-March), and I just want to know that everything looks good. I want the doctor to check the brain, the heart, the arms & legs, and all the other organs, and tell me everything looks perfect. And if we see some boy or girl parts ~ that will just be the icing on the cake.

Thursday night, Ben & I had laid in bed talking about the ultrasound and getting ourselves all hyped up about it, so I think it was just so crushing to have our hopes up, and then get canceled. We're rescheduled for THIS Friday, May 23rd at 3:30. I have a hard time thinking there's any chance we'll get canceled again. I've never been canceled on by my OBGYN until now, and I can't see it happening two weeks in a row. I am very optimistic that this Friday will be the big day!!

The goal for this weekend, being Memorial Day weekend, is to get some big projects done. We need to empty our current office (soon-to-be guest bedroom/office), clean, prep the walls, and paint. Once the paint's dry, and the room's done, we have to somehow cram two rooms worth of furniture into the one, only slightly larger room. I'm working out scenarios in my head.... Wish us luck!!

I'm also treating myself on Saturday to a pregnancy massage and pedicure!! I totally deserve it, and I can't wait to be pampered!

No comments: