Monday, September 15, 2008

Bouncy baby

*36 weeks, 6 days*

As I type this, my son, the monkey, is bouncing off the walls. The uterine walls, that is. I think he's about as ready to get out as I am ready to get him out!

We saw the doctor again today. My BP is still normal, baby's heart rate is still good, and I'm growing and gaining weight appropriately. And that's all. The doctor said he won't check my cervix until 39 weeks, which I'm kind of happy about, because I've heard how painful that can be, BUT part of me would kind of like to know if there's anything going on in there....

I think I'm growing especially anxious because babies seems to be popping up (or out) everywhere. First, Ben's cousin's wife, then my friend Jodi, then one of the therapists I work with, plus two ladies from my IVF message board, and one of Mar & Chris's friends, all in the last few weeks!! Julie's friend Lisa is expecting twins and could go any day, but I keep telling her she has to wait because I'm due first!!

And so we continue to wait. We're trying to be patient, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's making it really hard!!

2 comments:

RollerCoaster said...

You are getting so close! GL and wishing you a great delivery! I can't wait to see pics of your little man!

*mar* said...

AH...Min it'll be your turn soon. It's right around the corner! :)