Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lazy Sunday

*33 weeks, 5 days*

I'm feeling good these day - I feel so lucky that this pregnancy has been so easy. I'm not having any Braxton-Hicks contractions that I'm aware of. I mean, maybe it's like feeling the baby move in the beginning - it's happening but you just don't know what you're feeling...? I don't know. He moves a lot and sometimes I wonder what I'm feeling, but I'm pretty certain I haven't felt any contractions yet...

My back and hips are doing okay. I had a phase where they hurt like crazy, but maybe my hips have stopped "spreading" or whatever they're supposed to do. I bought a pregnancy belt or maternity belt or whatever they're called the other day at Motherhood Maternity, along with a few tops that were on clearance since the non-maternity tops that have been a staple in my wardrobe have pretty much reached their limit. I've yet to wear the maternity belt yet, but I think I'm going to try wearing it to work because I tend to have back and rib pain towards the end of the work day and in the evening. It's supposed to support the belly to reduce back pain, so we'll see! My fingers are crossed.

The third trimester has been pretty kind to me. I get tired but NOT the way I did in the first trimester, which is what I was expecting. Actually, I think nesting is starting to kick in. I'm in clean-organize-finish getting ready mode, for sure. I met with my boss on Friday to talk "maternity leave" (not technically ML since I don't have any disability coverage, bastards) and I'm officially taking 14 weeks off, almost nearly all paid due to having saved up vacation and sick time for the last two years... I made a "to-do" list and assigned responsibilities to each of us: calling the insurance agent re: life insurance (Ben), calling the lawyer re: writing a will (Ben), enrolling with a cord blood bank (both of us), choosing a pediatrician (me), packing a bag for the hospital (me), and PICKING A NAME FOR THIS KID (both of us, but mainly Ben - I have a list of *possibilities* now he needs to make one so we can pow-wow and come up with something). Lots of pretty urgent matters that still need attending to, so it's going to be a busy next six weeks...

At home, nesting *definitely* took control yesterday. I should have been exhausted because my mom and I went to the Cubs game (they won 9-2 - WOOHOO!!) and then went to Babies R Us afterwards to pick up a few things (changing table pad and covers, bassinet sheets, and a baby book to name a few). I got home and immediately took everything into the nursery and decided I needed to do laundry.... I did baby laundry all. night. long. I felt so productive and I can't wait to finish the laundry today. I think I'll finally have the nursery organized by the end of the day today, and that is an awesome feeling! Now I just need to finish my shower thank you cards and clean and organize the rest of the house.....

No comments: