Monday, April 14, 2008

We love our baby!

*14 weeks, 6 days*

I couldn't think of a title for this entry, so what the hell - it's true! We love our baby!! We talk to it all the time, even though it can't hear us yet. I can't wait til it can! I can't wait until I can feel it move, and then until Ben can feel it move... I can't speak for Ben, but my little one is the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning, and the last thing I think about when I fall asleep at night. We are still so in awe of science, and so amazed that this is finally happening. I think other people must think I'm nuts for still finding the fact that I'm pregnant crazy, but after everything, it is still sometimes hard to believe that this is real.

Today it's definitely real though. We went back to the doctor today. They basically checked my urine, weight, and blood pressure, and then the doctor measured my uterus - measuring right at 15 weeks, he said - and we heard the heartbeat again! This time is was at 160. That's the highest yet! Hearing it is so absolutely amazing, but also so surreal. I often stop and think how remarkable it is that there's a little person growing inside of me. I guess I'd never really given the act of being pregnant much thought prior to actually *being* pregnant, so now every day is just mind boggling...

We have our next appointment on May 12th and will have our sonogram shortly thereafter. The doctor said he usually does sonograms on Fridays, so I'm guessing either May 16th or May 23rd. Whether we'll find out the gender or not is still somewhat up in the air, and even if we do, we're unsure as to whether or not we'll share the gender with the public. But regardless, we'll get to see the baby again SOON, and I can't wait. We were so spoiled with all the ultrasounds in the beginning!

No comments: