Monday, May 2, 2011

A-Z for infertility

a real post coming soon, i promise, but first thanks to liz at Compromised Fertility for this...

A. Age when you started Trying to Conceive (TTC): It was early 2006, so I was (doing the math) 27.

B. Baby Dancing or Sex: BD always was a weird term to me...

C. Children wanted: Two or three.

D. Dogs/Cats/Fill in Children: Two cats and one Child

E. Essential Oils/Vitamins/Snake Oils: Before my last IVF cycle, I was taking Vitamin C, D, CoQ10, extra Folic Acid and Prenatals. Now just folic and vitamins.

F. Fertility Meds I’ve taken: Ack, so many!! Clomid, Lupron, Follistim, Ganerelix, Menopur, low dose HCG... hm. probably others.

G. Gain: IVF always makes me gain 5-10. And then there's the 10 I never lost after Noah...

H. HSG (Hystosalpingogram): Yes, one when we first started Clomid, so fall of 2006.

I. Infertile Pet Peeves: People who get pregnant without trying and/or people who bitch and moan about the kids they have.

J. Job title: Early Intervention Service Coordinator

K. Kids names you’re afraid will be taken by the time you can use them: Emily was my girl name with Noah. Might be in the running someday, but no names that are truly "must haves".

L. Length of time TTC: Days shy of two years with Noah. On and off for 2.5 years since Noah.

M. Miscarriages: None. Thankfully.

N. Number of times you’ve switched OB/GYNS, REs, FSs: What's an FS?? Only switched OB when I started TTC. Was at Dupage Medical and switched to Dr C on the recommendation of a former co-worker who'd had fertility issues. Never switched REs. One of the best medical teams I've ever dealt with. And coming from me, that says a lot.

O. Ovarian quality: Questionable. May have diminished ovarian reserve. Test results for my FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) seem to fluctuate every time they're tested. But I for sure do not stim well.

P. Pee on a Stick (POAS) or wait for Aunt Flo (AF): I am not one to POAS.

Q. Quote from an obnoxious fertile: "I'm so fat and ugly."

S. Sperm: Perfect. No problems in that department.

T. Time you tried naturally: About six months before going to Dr C and starting Clomid. And then roughly a year and a half between Noah and IVF #3, and another ten months between #3 and #4.

U. Uterus quality: Good as far as we know. Possible endometriosis, but besides one cyst, no other evidence of endo.

V. Vagina: Poked and prodded by countless medical professionals.

W. What baby stuff do you already have?: Seeing as I have a 2.5 year old, I have it all, and I kept it all in hopes we'd get to use it again someday.

X. X-tra X-tra Hear all about it! How many people know the ins and outs of our crazy TTC journey? Family, friends, co-workers, strangers.... I'm known for being open about my IVF journey. I draw strength from sharing my story, and I know my honesty has helped others cope with their journey's as well.

Y. Yearly Exam (do you still go in even though someone sees your lady parts most months?): I go every year, though I think I am currently over due...

Z. Zits: Usually not a problem for me, even with all the hormones.

No comments: